Jose Portilla’s Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3 is a hands-down classic course.
Whether you want to pursue deep learning, natural language processing (NLP) or even web or game development, this course can help jumpstart your career.
Today we’re looking at 10 great reasons you need the Complete Python Bootcamp.
10. Python is where it’s at right now. Look around and you’ll see a world that runs on Python. From data visualizations at corporate boardrooms to websites built with Python backends, to machine learning with TensorFlow...Python is quickly becoming the go-to language used in a ton of different applications. That means more jobs, more opportunities and more sustained need for your Python skills!
9. It’s the best-selling course on Udemy. This course has over 600,00 students. OK, that might not mean much (what’s popularity after all?) but top-selling courses have a reputation to live up to. That means timely updates, active instructors and a large community of student-developers to bounce ideas off of in the Q&A section.
8. Jose Portilla is one smart dude. With a BS and MS in mechanical engineering, multiple patents and years of Python experience, you’re in good hands with the Complete Python Bootcamp. He knows how to teach, how knows how to program and he knows how to stay on task. No more wasting time with instructors who act like they just discovered a programming language two hours ago and are now tasked with teaching a course on it.
7. Questions are actually answered! Going back to point #9: this course is so popular that it has a reputation to live up to. One of the benefits is that the TAs (teaching assistants) keep the student Q&A section updated with timely answers to all sorts of Python programming problems.
6. The course organization and explanations are clear and concise. No “fluff”!
5. It serves as a springboard for your Python career. It doesn’t matter what you want to do with Python. This course serves up all the basics along with some “beginner plus” material like object oriented programming (OOP), advanced Python modules, intro to GUIS, advanced Python objects and data structures, and so much more.
4. You are expected to know nothing about Python. Unlike other courses where there are prerequisites for diving into the language, with this course you don’t have to know anything about programming. Remember, part of the course’s name is “zero to hero” and Jose means it. You don’t need to even know what a variable is — just sit back, relax and get ready to learn.
3. Hands-on exercises and projects. Coding courses are useless if you can get your hands dirty. This course features dozens of dedicated opportunities for you to get coding with Python whether it’s testing your knowledge on statements or building a Tic-Tac-Toe game.
2. The most up-to-date version of Python (Python 3) is used in this course. So you don’t have to worry about learning outdated technology the minute you hit the Play button on the first video. What’s more, there’s even an archived section of Python 2 in case you need to check it out for legacy projects.
1. Your return on investment is going to be huge. It’s on Udemy, which already means you’re getting a huge discount. This Complete Python Bootcamp is absolutely the cheapest investment you can make for your tech career with Python.
There are many more reasons why Jose’s Complete Python Bootcamp is #1, but we’ll let the thousands of 5-star reviews speak for themselves.
This course is one of the best out there.
VERY thorough course material
Lots of small projects
Pacing can be slow
Material can be dry