While that book is a stone-cold classic for any beginning web developer, there are also books I discovered later on that are also brilliant.
Disclosure: I’m an Amazon affiliate and may get a small cut of the sale when you make a purchase.
3. You Don’t know JS (series).
- You Don’t Know JS: Scope & Closures
- You Don’t Know JS: Async & Performance
- You Don’t Know JS: ES6 & Beyond
- You Don’t Know JS: this & Object Prototypes
- You Don’t Know JS: Types & Grammar
A lot of authors and instructors play it safe and as a result their writing style is a snooze-fest. Not so with Kyle Simpson and the YDKJS series.
- regular expressions
This is an older book (2008), but the information is very much still valid.
Whether you’re a code newbie or seasoned web developer, these books are worthy of any technical library.