Brad Traversy has a knack for taking tough concepts and putting them into plain English, all while you watch those concepts being coded. His code editor is his chalkboard, sketching out everything from object oriented programming (OOP) principles to design patterns.
- Basics & Fundamentals: Data types, let & const variables, functions, conditionals, loops, object literals, arrays, etc
- DOM Manipulation: Selectors, traversing the DOM, show/hide, creating & removing elements, event listeners
- OOP: ES5 prototypes, inheritance, ES2015 classes & sub-classes, constructors
- Async JS: Ajax & XHR, Fetch API, callbacks, promises, async / await
- ES2015+: Arrow functions, template strings, generators, iterators, maps & sets, symbols & more
- Other: Local & session storage, regular expressions, try/catch error handling
But that’s just the beginning.
- Loan Calculator
- Task with Local Storage
- Number Guess Game
- OOP Book Listing App (using ES5 Prototype & ES2015 Classes Version)
- Chuck Norris Joke Generator (heck yes!)
- EasyHTTP, a custom HTTP Library (with three versions including Callbacks, Promises, and Async & Await)
- Github Finder
- WeatherJS App
- Calorie Tracker (using the Module Pattern)
- Microposts – Frontend CRUD for REST API using Webpack & Babel
The really nice part about this course is that there aren’t any libraries or frameworks to get deal with. As a result, you’ll be much less distracted with the bells and whistles of web development, and focus on the core of what makes it all work in the first place.
Production Values: ⭐⭐⭐⭐