Udemy login issues are frustrating. 😡
Not only do they prevent you from enjoying your courses, they can also cost you a lot of time and money.
Here are 5 problems that may be causing your Udemy login issues with possible solutions.
1. Your IP is blocked for some reason. Sometimes your IP will be blocked and it can be for many reasons. For example, if you’re using a VPN many of those IP addresses associated with it are blocked due to scammers and hackers. It’s not your fault but Udemy has no way of knowing who’s doing what on a VPN. Try using a different IP address. One easy way to do this is to connect via your smartphone’s mobile network (i.e turn of Wi-FI and turn on 4G) if you’re using your home Wi-Fi, or vice-versa.
2. Your firewall is restricting access. This is most common at companies (so if you’re using Udemy for Business this especially applies to you) but it can also occur with home firewalls. In this case you will need to white-list udemy.com. To ensure you receive emails from Udemy as well, go ahead and white-list email.udemy.com and e.udemy.com.
3. You’re using an outdated browser. Unfortunately, a few web browsers have been left in the dust of the modern web. If you’re using Internet Explorer, try an updated version of Chrome or FireFox. And if you are using Chrome or FireFox (and others like desktop Safari) and still having Udemy login issues, be sure you’re using the most updated version available. Browsers break easily when they’re not up-to-date.
4. Your browser is set to decline cookies. This is an issue particularly if you’re trying to login using 3rd party authentication (Facebook or Google). Set your browser to allow all cookies and you should be good to go.
5. You registered with Facebook or Google and you’re trying to login with your email. If you initially registered your Udemy account with a 3rd party service (either Facebook or Google), you’ll need to login using that specific service. If you’re signed out of Facebook or Google and forgot your username or password on those services, follow the instructions for retrieving and resetting your information.
Hopefully these suggestions helped you with your login troubles.
As a last-ditch resort, you can get in touch with their customer service representatives and they may be able to fix your problem. Sometimes something is flagged on an account and it requires manual removal.
It’s incredibly frustrating when you can’t access your courses, but with some troubleshooting you’ll be able to untangle most issues. Happy studying!
Once you get logged back in, be sure to check out our Udemy course reviews! How about a thorough review from up-and-coming web development instructor Andrei Neagoie?